Moving pictures – a journey through historyBad Bertrich Photography and Film Museum opened its doors to the public in what was once Hotel Kurfürst. The museum offers an introduction to photographers and film-makers of the past. Privately owned by the Eischen family, the collection includes over 2,500 exhibits.
Ms. Eliane Eischen-Küntsch offers guided tours of the museum on request. Hotel Kurfürst, which was built by the Schmitt family in 1901, passed into the ownership of the Eischen family in November 2003. The family had been looking for suitable premises to house their extensive collection for some time.
Prior to that, the Eischen family presented their exhibition at the Musée Photo- et Cinématographie de Vianden in Luxembourg for three years before gifts and purchases rendered the exhibition space there too small.
Clara Viebig and Bad Bertrich Film Museum (in German)
Valuable exhibits at the museum
- Optical devices
- Film cameras
- Magic lanterns
- Film and cinema projectors
- Slide projectors
- Laboratory equipment
- Television and video devices
- Photographs and film posters
- Repair workshop
The museum is currently open daily from 1 pm to 6 pm, except on Mondays (April to October).
Further information and contact details:
Foto- und Filmmuseum Bad Bertrich
D-56864 Bad Bertrich
Tel.: +49 (0) 26 74 - 91 38 09